Virtual Workshop Leader
Remote | Global
As we grow, Lifehack Method is looking for a Virtual Workshop Leader to support our Lifehack Tribe membership community. This is a key role because this person will lead energetic weekly calls each Friday for our membership community as they pre-plan their upcoming week.
This position requires someone outgoing, who knows how to warm up the energy in the coldest of rooms, and knows how to inspire others (think: DJ or MC). This person does not need to be an expert in our Winning The Week Method because they will be following a pre-written script and we will train them in the method. However, they do need to come with the skills necessary to lead a large group call with ease.
Virtual Workshop Leader Role
We’re looking for an outgoing, enthusiastic group leader to join our team. This role is responsible for leading Friday pre-planning calls at 12pm ET and 7pm ET for several Fridays each month inside our Lifehack Tribe membership community.
The right person loves to work independently, does not need the constant presence of co-workers, and craves a working environment free from distractions and interruptions. They are extroverted and endlessly positive, who love having a good time. This role reports to the CEO, Carey Bentley, and involves coordination with various other team members too.
Hosting online events for a large number of people is what you do best. You understand the power of a well-run online event and you’ve done something similar at a high level before.
Virtual Workshop Leader Responsibilities
- Create an energetic party atmosphere while leading the group through the Winning The Week Method™️ planning process
- Collates questions from the chat for the coach to answer after the pre-planning portion of the call is over
- Serves as backup for the coach during the Q&A to look for resources in the Tribe library and share links in the chat as needed
- Use Zoom with ease to share slides, audio, and manage the chat functionality
- Share personal stories of how using the method has improved their productivity or lifestyle
- Be thinking constantly about ways to improve the process and suggest changes to Carey via Asana
- Enthusiastic about trying new ways of leading the call (even when not given perfect instructions)
- Seek out feedback from Carey and Demir to continually improve as a leader of this call
Virtual Workshop Leader Requirements
- Bringing the FUN – pre-planning can be a drag for our clients. Your job is to make it fun. We want attendees to know that no matter what, this will be a call where they smile and enjoy themselves.
- Inspirational – like a great Peloton instructor, you know how to influence others to smile and take action even when they don’t want to.
- Great presentation – you have a place in your house or office with a great background (not a Zoom background blur or stock photo), great lighting on your face (no down lighting from overhead lights please), and ability to stand up while at your desk. Your webcam is high quality and shows a crisp, clear image in 1080p or higher.
- Reliability – if you have been scheduled to lead a call, you will be there no matter what. Zero flakiness will be tolerated. If you absolutely need to reschedule due to an emergency or conflict, you do so with as much advance notice as possible.
- Technology – you need to understand how to navigate the in’s and out’s of Zoom, including hosting a webinar and sharing system audio. Technology does not scare you.
- Open to feedback – you don’t get perturbed when someone gives you feedback on how to improve. In fact, you seek it out because you want to grow.
- Fast internet – minimum internet speeds of 100 mpbs download and 20 mpbs upload (test yours at https://speedtest.net/ )
Virtual Workshop Leader Results
- Consistently generates positive feedback from attendees on the pre-planning calls, such as “I can’t wait to attend next week” or “Love the vibe of these events!”
- Gets consistently high attendance on calls, targeting 5% of Tribe members in attendance each time (a percentage that will be increased as we get better at this process)
- Uses the Lifehack Method to continually see improvements and gains in your personal life, so that you can authentically see the value in what we do here
Hours & Pay
- This position is a part-time contractor position.
- It pays $75 an hour and includes any time related to the pre-planning events (such as preparation, q&a, implementing improvements, etc)
- Expect to work 3-4 hours a week and track your hours on your own using a service like Toggl or Harvest
- This position is 100% remote. The right person will see that as a huge benefit to achieving their lifestyle goals.
- Use extreme ownership when communicating with the team. If there is something you need that you aren’t getting, it is your responsibility to follow up and ask for it, multiple times if necessary.
- Training materials will be provided via the team Asana workspace
- Most of our communication will happen via Asana
- There is also a team whatsapp thread that you can be added to if you wish, it is primarily for sharing wins. It is optional
- There is also one weekly team meeting that you can attend if you wish. It is optional.
- Be available on Fridays from 11:30am ET – 2pm ET or 6:30pm ET – 9pm ET most Fridays.
- We have several people in this role so that we can cover every Friday of the month. However, you should plan on leading calls at least 3 Fridays each month.
Lifehack Method Core Values
Our core values are what brings our team together at Lifehack Method. The right person for this role will appreciate each of these values, personally subscribe to them, and understand why each of them is crucial to making our business & team successful.
Believe in the mission of Lifehack Method — to inspire a generational change in productivity. Have passion for the results of our clients. Know that what you’re doing every day changes lives in a very tangible way.
Own your job and your results. If you make a mistake, acknowledge it and figure out how to fix it. If something isn’t working for you, say something. Suggest solutions and have a proactive attitude, rather than complaining and expecting others to solve your problems.
Have the self-awareness to see the hard truths that improve yourself and others. Have the courage to communicate those hard truths, and the humility to accept them, even when it stings. Nothing great can be built without feedback.
You’re passionate about designing your own freedom life — after all, that’s the end goal of using the Lifehack Method. A big part of why you’re on this team is because working here helps you fulfill your own freedom lifestyle.
Interested? Here’s how to apply:
Record a 2-5 minute video that introduces yourself, describes your background, and explains your interest in the position. Send the video as a shareable Google Drive link (or via other shareable video platform) to [email protected] with the subject [POSITION NAME] Video Application.
If we think you would be a good fit, the next step will be a live call interview. We will be taking applications through the end of April and making hiring decisions at the start of May.