Remote | Global
As we grow, Lifehack Method is looking for a Productivity Coach to support our Lifehack Tribe membership community. This is an expert role because this person will lead the Q&A sessions that follow our live Friday pre-planning workshops.
This position requires someone who has been through our Lifehack Bootcamp program (ideally twice or more) and has achieved massive success by implementing the Lifehack Method in their life. This person needs to know the Lifehack Method inside & out and be able to coach others through their issues while also lending their own unique perspective. They also need to be well-spoken, naturally poised and confident.
Productivity Coach Role
We’re looking for a coach already well-versed in the Lifehack Method to join our team. This role is responsible for leading Q&A sessions that follow our Friday pre-planning calls at 12:30pm ET and 7:30pm ET for several Fridays each month inside our Lifehack Tribe membership community.
The right person loves to work independently, does not need the constant presence of co-workers, and craves a working environment free from distractions and interruptions. They listen deeply to others and are known for their confident, calming energy. This role reports to the Head Coach, Demir Bentley, and involves coordination with various other team members too.
You love giving advice and others love receiving it from you. You understand the power of the Lifehack Method and you can’t wait to help share it with others.
Productivity Coach Responsibilities
- Lead the Q&A session that follows the Friday pre-planning sessions and coach members in the Lifehack Method
- Work with the Virtual Workshop Leader who will be collating questions for you to answer based on type of question (the Virtual Workshop Leader will be grouping questions based on theme)
- Share personal stories of how using the method has improved their productivity or lifestyle
- Share personal ideas and solutions (with the caveat that they are yours, not something from the Lifehack Method)
- Be thinking constantly about ways to improve the process and suggest changes to Demir via Asana
- Post questions you do not feel comfortable answering into the private Facebook page and tagging Demir and Carey to provide a response
- Seek out feedback from Carey and Demir to continually improve as a leader of this Q&A session
Productivity Coach Requirements
- Expertise – you’ve both studied and implemented the Lifehack Method in your own life, so you know how to respond to questions from those a few paces behind you
- Inspirational – like a great Peloton instructor, you know how to influence others to smile and take action even when they don’t want to.
- Great presentation – you have a place in your house or office with a great background (not a Zoom background blur or stock photo), and great lighting on your face (no down lighting from overhead lights please). Your webcam is high quality and shows a crisp, clear image in 1080p or higher.
- Reliability – if you have been scheduled to lead a Q&A session, you will be there no matter what. Zero flakiness will be tolerated. If you absolutely need to reschedule due to an emergency or conflict, you do so with as much advance notice as possible.
- Technology – you need to understand how to navigate the in’s and out’s of Zoom, including hosting a webinar and managing the chat. Technology does not scare you.
- Open to feedback – you don’t get perturbed when someone gives you feedback on how to improve. In fact, you seek it out because you want to grow.
- Fast internet – minimum internet speeds of 100 mpbs download and 20 mpbs upload (test yours at https://speedtest.net/ )
Productivity Coach Results
- Consistently generates positive feedback from attendees on the pre-planning calls, such as “Thanks so much Coach, that answer really helped me a lot” or “That was some powerful coaching!”
- Gets consistently high attendance on calls, targeting 5% of Tribe members in attendance each time (a percentage that will be increased as we get better at this process)
- Uses the Lifehack Method to continually see improvements and gains in your personal life, so that you can authentically see the value in what we do here
Hours & Pay
- This position is a part-time contractor position.
- It pays $100 an hour and includes any time related to the pre-planning events (such as preparation, time spent on the call, time spent after the call posting in the Facebook group, implementing improvements, etc)
- Expect to work 2 to 3 hours a week and track your hours on your own using a service like Toggl or Harvest
- This position is 100% remote. The right person will see that as a huge benefit to achieving their lifestyle goals.
- Use extreme ownership when communicating with the team. If there is something you need that you aren’t getting, it is your responsibility to follow up and ask for it, multiple times if necessary.
- Training materials will be provided via the team Asana workspace
- Most of our communication will happen via Asana
- There is also a team whatsapp thread that you can be added to if you wish, it is primarily for sharing wins. It is optional
- There is also one weekly team meeting that you can attend if you wish. It is optional.
- Be available on Fridays from 12:30pm ET – 2pm ET or 7:30pm ET – 9pm ET most Fridays.
- We have several people in this role so that we can cover every Friday of the month. However, you should plan on leading Q&A sessions at least 3 Fridays each month.
Lifehack Method Core Values
Our core values are what brings our team together at Lifehack Method. The right person for this role will appreciate each of these values, personally subscribe to them, and understand why each of them is crucial to making our business & team successful.
Believe in the mission of Lifehack Method — to inspire a generational change in productivity. Have passion for the results of our clients. Know that what you’re doing every day changes lives in a very tangible way.
Own your job and your results. If you make a mistake, acknowledge it and figure out how to fix it. If something isn’t working for you, say something. Suggest solutions and have a proactive attitude, rather than complaining and expecting others to solve your problems.
Have the self-awareness to see the hard truths that improve yourself and others. Have the courage to communicate those hard truths, and the humility to accept them, even when it stings. Nothing great can be built without feedback.
You’re passionate about designing your own freedom life — after all, that’s the end goal of using the Lifehack Method. A big part of why you’re on this team is because working here helps you fulfill your own freedom lifestyle.
Interested? Here’s how to apply:
Record a 2-5 minute video that introduces yourself, describes your background, and explains your interest in the position. Send the video as a shareable Google Drive link (or via other shareable video platform) to [email protected] with the subject [POSITION NAME] Video Application.
If we think you would be a good fit, the next step will be a live call interview. We will be taking applications through the end of April and making hiring decisions at the start of May.